The Parish Council is responsible to the Parish Assembly and to the respective Hierarch for conducting all parish affairs in keeping with the mission, aims and purposes of the Church as set forth in the Charter and Uniform Parish Regulations.
The aims and purposes of the Parish( local Church) are to keep, practice and proclaim the Orthodox Christian Faith pure and undefiled.
The Ministry of the Parish Council is to assist the Parish Priest in the administration of the ministries of the Parish following the Greek Orthodox Archdiocese of America Uniform Parish Regulations and upholding the tenets, teachings and traditions of the Greek Orthodox Church.
Parish Council Highlights
· Hiring Sam Williams as our Director of Youth and Young Adult Ministries and Cantor
· Promoting and participating in Town of Wyckoff Outreach Programs including the Wyckoff Day event and Donations made to Wyckoff First Responders at a Town Hall Ceremony
· Working with the AHEPA Ramapo Chapter #453 Brothers on the Hall Renovation Committee
· Hosting the Annual Welcome Back BBQ at the beginning of the ecclesiastical church year
· Holding a Parish Council Retreat at Saint Basil Academy
· Refinancing our church mortgage
· Hosting the Taverna Night event with the help of many parishioners on the Taverna Night Committee
· Working with AHEPA leaders to organize and host the Veterans’ Outreach Event
· Introducing to the community the Natural Church Development concept beginning with a parishioner Survey
· Obtaining Town approval for the operation of the Young Scholars Academy pre-K school at Saint Nicholas
Andrew the General & Martyr & his 2,593 soldiers; Holy Martyrs Timothy, Agapius and Thecla; Theophanes the New Wonderworker of Macedonia; Afterfeast of the Dormition of our Most Holy Lady the Theotokos and Ever Virgin Mary; Eutychianos and Strategios the Martyrs